Cross Culture Training
The Cross cultural training improves communication and interactions with research participants, tribal communities and improves research results. This course includes NAU, UA and ABOR requirements regarding research with Indigenous peoples.
- Assess the impact of acculturation and assimilation through boarding schools and the U.S. termination policy on Native Americans.
- Describe the long term, intergenerational influence of the socio-political history of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- Identify American Indian and Alaska Native cultural factors that contribute to overall health and wellness.
- Identify one’s own assets and learning needs related to cultural competence.
- Employ self-reflection to evaluate the impact of one’s practice.